Sunday, May 3, 2009

5 days long weekend.

As our results from the previous exam were released to us one at a time, many of us dreaded knowing them. Nevertheless, its something we have to know. Honestly, am disappointed with my results. Although compared to the rest of the cohort from my course I am above average, I expected better results from myself. I usually take it as a cue to work harder for the End Sem papers.

2 May - 6 May marks my long weekend. Its 5 days long with not much plans to begin with. I wasn't thinking too much of what to do as I was resigned to the fate of not seeing darling on most of it as she would be away. I actually dread this long weekend because of that. It was until on 1 May, after our final lecture on Fri arvo, when Jess and I had this conversation...

Jess (J) : So, what are your plans for this weekend? Study?

Me: No idea. Not sure what to do as she would not be free to webcam anyway.

J: You know, you got 5 days long and its only Fri arvo, you could go somewhere as well.

Me: Hmmm.. good point.. why didn't I think of that?!


I rushed home immediately, wanting to check the prices of the air tickets to Perth, Singapore and KL. Thoughts of me flying to KL or Sing made me smile non stop during my drive back home. I could go Perth to visit my parents who were there on a holiday, celebrating their silver anniversary. I could return back to Singapore and catch up with family and friends. Or I could even fly straight to KL to surprise my darling! Prices, as I found out were as follow..

Perth - $700.
Singapore - $650 via Jetstar
KL - $690 via AirAsia.

I was very tempted to book the flight to KL and then surprise her at her hotel room when I knock on her door. However on second thought, I decided not to. It was her chance to have her own time anyway and I don't think I should really interfere. As much as I miss her, its best I let her enjoy her short KL trip with her friends. I did not even consider flying to Perth as the price was just ridiculous. I would had considered flying back to SG but I would only get to see her for less than 24 hours as well, so it makes not much sense as well. Besides, my budget was not that high.

So there goes the brilliant plan of flying. Its Saturday midnight, going into Sunday. I got to say so far I had been keeping myself quite busy. Last night was yumcha with Matt, Liwei, Ken and Weeliam. Fun company and we were out til 2-3am.

Today was packed as well. Morning had to run some errands and catching up with friends. In fact, I just came home at 10.30pm. Am dead tired now. Its good that am keeping myself busy as well. Tomorrow should be continuation of the errands as its not even half settled. Might be spending alot of time on it from now on.

An interesting conversation I had with some friends just now.

Me: You know, I almost went back today. For $650 to SG or $690 to KL.

Friend (F): Har?! Come on mate. If you were to spend that much to fly back to see her for less than 48 hours, whats the point? You might as well save that money! Wait 2 more months and when she comes over, you can pass me the money and I can make you tonic soup everyday!


We just burst into laughter. Oh well, yes perhaps should save the money for future plans. Put it into my account and will need to use in over the next few years anyway. *grin*

Argh, I just hope time will fly faster and perhaps my friend can start preparing all the tonic soup that he mention for me! *cheeky grin* Hahaha... And oh.. did I mention, my friend is a trained-chef. Yummmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darling was sweet enough to leave me a couple online messages and a surprise email before she leave on Fri early morning. It kinda surprise me alot as I never expected her to do such things. *wink* Am looking forward to her return on Monday evening.

1 comment:

fau said...

Darling, I would have loved to see you in KL cos I miss you so much. But you are right, its better to save up the money for future use. Cant wait to see you in July!! Muacks!!