Saturday, May 23, 2009

Studying with candles. Catching up.

Winds faster than 100km/hr was blowing with heavy downpour coming down hard on the Gold Coast on Wed and I had to stupid-ly drive out for petrol in the afternoon. Not realising the seriousness of my actions, I drove past fallen trees on the road, until we stopped at a traffic lights and a tree just fell and smashed 2 cars in front of mine. I was very temped to make a U-turn and go back but decided to go on and get petrol instead. I got really scared. Some traffic lights were down as well. Coming home, I was informed that electricity got cut off. Most probably a fallen trees had hit the wires or something. News that a man had died from flying debris was reported in the news as well.

I had no mood to cook and resorted to cooking instant noodles instead. My 3rd packet this year I think. Thank God for having a gas stove in my kitchen. With the aid of a tall black candle, I ate in darkness.

You know when you watch those old Chinese movies, especially those referring to different dynasties whereby Chinese normal folks had to sit for an exam to be determined a scholar? Yours truly had a feel of how they actually cope with studying at night.















What an experience...

Looking back, it really made me think alot. Well, I really admire those people who strive through the night, studying with just a candle light. I surprised myself that night, in the total darkness, with my vision spared with just that candle, I actually studied for 3 hours. Going to bed at 11, my eyes were tired. And I was productive that night!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, we had our monthly dinners. The Sisters treated me to good Korean BBQ and Hotpot, followed by Chocolate at Max Brenners. Catching up with one another is always good and the last time we ate together was at Cindy's place.




















Yummy Korean BBQ... cooked by the waitress in front of us...















The only pic I had of us... together with the Korean seafood soup.

Chocolate at Max was good. We all had a good time. Drinks and food were ordered and we just had a good time filling ourselves with goodies.















My Chocolate pizza with a crunch..















Amelia's Strawberry and Chocolate-dip















Cindy's Chocolate Souffle with ice-cream

We all left the place early. It was cold and we definitely did not want a repeat of what happened last time. Haha. Definitely a good time we had and am so looking forward to the next one at Sanctuary Cove. It would be good for them to finally meet my darling. *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had been busy with her rehearsals and everything just seems never ending. Knowing dancing is her passion, I always try to give her my utmost support. Sometimes cannot help but wanna be greedy and hope to have more time with her. Oh well, as long as she is happy and healthy, thats most important. I don't ask for much. Well, another week down and soon she would be here. Hehe.

No comments: