Sunday, June 29, 2008

Melbourne Part 1

Melbourne was surprisingly fun so far. Unlike many other trips, I had nothing planned for this trip and decided to play by ear most of the time. Even the day tours was arranged kinda last minute.

Day 1- 24 June Tues
I arrived in Melbourne Tullarmarine airport at around 8.30pm and Burim was nice enough to pick me up. He settled me in really nicely and even drove around the neighbourhood to show me the key places so I could explore the next day. He even passed me a couple booklets like the train timetable and a street directory so I can find my way around the city. Went to bed really late as by the time we were done, it was almost midnight and he has to work the next day.

Day 2- 25 June Wed
I took the train to the city for a walk. Recce the pick up point for the day tours and started my shopping!~ Shirine arrived in Melbourne already and would be joining me in the city in the late afternoon. I was hoping she would come earlier as the shopping centres close at arnd 5-6. But in any case, I bought myself a beanie and a scarf. We met up and had our first chocolate indulgence at the Chocolate cafe in DFO (Direct Fatory Outlet) above Southern Cross station. My goodness, that station has 16 platforms and had more than 20 trains servicing there. Back to the chocolates. It was nice, the mocha was rich in chocolate and beautiful~! Just what I need to last me the remaining of the day! Dinner was at Shirine's friend's place. We had Chicken rendang among other Indian dishes and after that, it was an hour train ride home for me. But of course not without trying 2 bottles of wine Shirine bought from Huner Valley!















Chocolates Indulgence... dun u want a pice, ladies?















We finally met up in Melbourne!! and i am wearing a beanie!!! keeps my ears and head warm in the cold!

Day 3- 26 June Thurs

We met earlier in the morning and the ladies started shopping. They can really shop! 3 Big bags in under 2 hours! I reckon that if they were given the time, they could had bought the entire city! Well, we went on for Penguin parade tour that afternoon and it was well worth it. Little penguins as close as within touching distance! We pay an additional $15 for VIP seating to see more penguins and it was well worth it.




















Penguin parade anyone??..















Funny sign~ only in Australia...

Dinner was at a reccomended italian restaurant and the food was good. Nice to fill our 3 hungry stomachs. Then Shirine and I had a long conversation as planned for initially meant for GC. Reached home really late and that silly woman forgot to notify me when she reached home.















Dinner at the Italian place... Oysters kilpatrick, pasta and pizza... yum... surprised that they don't know whats Oysters kilpatrick..

Day 4- 27 June Fri

Got to be the best day so far~ We embarked on a Great Ocean Road tour. Unknown to any, it was actually one of the must-do things for me this year. Due to certain reasons, I had to do it. Having the 2 ladies as company was a bonus!! The place is so beautiful!! We took many pics and I would say that even pictures would not be as good as looking at the real thing!~ Loch Ard Gorge was stunning!















12 Apostles and me..















12 Apostles.. beautiful right?.. would love to go again!~















Standing on the beach in Loch Ard Gorge..















This is the view of Lch Ard Gorge from above.. stunning..















Picture taken at Razorback cliff.















With the London Bridge between the 2 of us...

Dinner was at Tiamo cafe along Lygon street and it came highly recommended from Dorothy. Trust her to come up with affordable nice eateries! We went on another chocolate indulgence and Shirine commented that its on par with the one she had in Italy. Ha~! I just love it when I managed to plan trips like that! We took tram back to the train station and they took a couple more pictures before we say our good byes. *sob* It would be another 5 months before I see her. Well, time does fly and in no time, I would be back in SG and seeing everyone back home. I called Sheldon to wish him Happy Birthday but it was a pity that he only picked up the phone when I was alone, if not, both Shirine and I would be able to talk to him together!

Am proud to say that I did most of the logistic planning for all 3 of us and I enjoy doing it! I guess it makes me happy knowing that I am appreciated for the effort I put into it. *grin*

Having her sitting beside me in the coach for the long journey was certainly an eye-opener! We had so much to catch up on and I shall say it was fulfilling! Talking to her helped me in personal emotional growth and I got her to thank for~!

Day 5- 28 June Sat

Had been so tired from all the tours that slept in that day. Only managed to wake up at 1.30pm. What a pig! But well, we went on to Preston Market to get groceries. I made dinner and we went salsa! It was alright. Not as good as expected but still enjoyable. Of course it would had been better with Shirine around! Miss her!

Day 6- 29 June Sun

Burim brought me out to Chapel street for Brunch. He then brought me along that street, describing certain shops and items. It was really nice of him to do all that! We bought groceries and I am making dinner again. Its a small matter to me as it would be nice for him to try Cantonese cuisine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, pics for Day 5 onwards would be posted some other time. Some pics cannot be posted as well! Ha~! Anyway, rest of the pics, got to wait til I get back. Now, time to check on the soup I am brewing over the low flame! Check here for the next update soon!~

7 comments:

Rine said...

What silly gal? Just forgetful manz.

Nana said...

da thing u wear on ur head looks funny on u!!!

Anonymous said...

What the heck is that on your head???


ahahah

Nana said...

Jemz... u oso toking abt dat cotton condom on his head rite? LOL!!!

Ben... said...

shirine-> haha.. well.. sama sama la... forgetful or silly.. u were tired i guess... lol..

neuross & jem-> its a beanie la... keep the ears and head warm... cause damn windy.. got myself a scarf too.. but will not use it unless i have to.. lol..

Anonymous said...

Actually the "beanie" is a good idea. It provides a good contrast between yourself and the background. It makes me appreciate the background a lot more and if I need a laugh I'd just re-focus to the foreground.

Ben... said...

Jem... thanks alot... nobody will complain if u pple experience the cold chilly wind here...