Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ever wonder...

Shirine arrives tomorrow. So I came back to Ormeau to stay the night. Dinner was lamb stew with rice and both Bernard and Eziq really enjoyed it. They went out, leaving me alone at home to study. However, I ended up watching tele after having the heavy dinner. I know I should be studying and/or focus on creating my cheatsheet for my Monday paper but its just one of those moments whereby you know you have to spend a couple minutes writing a sudden floating thought down. 'The Family Man' was shown on tele and I got to say its one good movie. I teared at certain point. Very touching. And the movie got me thinking of all those thoughts.




















touching movie..*sob*..

Ever wonder of the 'What ifs' in your life? Ever think about what might had happened if you had made the other choice in life? Ever thought when you are already happy and in fact, are actually missing something important in your life? Am sure many of us answer a 'Yes' in at least one of the questions asked.

I did wonder what would had happened if I were had turned the other direction. I did thought of the 'What ifs'. Details will be too personal to write here but sometimes I do question myself if I did make the right choice. All along I was always a man who goes in the path chosen and not look back too much, so to think of the other direction doesn't happen often.

So if you were to have all the money in the world and money is of no issue to you, but you are all alone. An angel gives you a glimpse of life-to-be if you were to get married to someone you loved 14 years ago. You experienced the joy of having a family on your own. You were there for that few important parts of your kids' life. You had the family love. You were getting used to it and you were brought back to reality. You don't want to, but its was only a glimpse of what might be. Would you sought the partner you dreamt abt for a chat? Would you give it another go just because the angel had shown you the alternative?

2 comments:

小牛 said...

aiyo, why so many what if and wonder...chim ler

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift...

so, enjoy your present ;P

Ben... said...

haha.. no la.. it was a passing thot.. so i wrote it down lor.. yea.. good way of putting it... enjoying the present.. =)