Thursday, June 19, 2008

Middle of exams. Shirine trip. Salsa night.

3 papers down, 2 more to go. Am so looking forward to my trip to Melbourne next Tues. I don't know why. A trip 'supposedly' down memory lane? But I have never been there before. Sigh. Anyway, cannot wait til end of the exams. Cause finish last paper on Tues morning, the same evening, I would be on the flight to Melbourne.

Shirine came over on Sunday. It was good and nice having her around. We did not talk as much as I expected. But I guess having her around really makes me miss SG more. Although she would only be here for 4 nights, I cooked on 2 nights. It was more convenient as I got exams the next morning and both Denise and Shirine got to wake up early for their pre-arranged plans. I brought her to Sagano for the beef shabu-shabu on the second night and showed them around abit.

I did joined them at Movieworld today and it was good fun. Although both of them were timid in taking the more adventurous rides, the image of Shirine shrieking in horror when she saw the ride she was queuing up for, whizzed all the way up to 10 storeys, was classic. Haha. Being the last night in GC, I brought them to Cav's Steakhouse. It was fantastic~. As promised, I agreed to bring her to salsa in GC. It was rather new to me as the last time I had really danced was all the way back in SG in Feb. Well, am glad she enjoyed herself and boy was I surprised that we actually stayed for more than an hour and a half. We danced quite abit, bachata, salsa and even merengue!! Glad to know I still have the groove.. hahaha..

We then head off to one of my favourite coffee shop for berry-licious hot chocolate. Although I do make hot choco too, but nothing beats having the special sinful one. It might be a long drive down but its all worth it watching both their satisfied faces plastered with smiles. The 4 days might be rather short, but its all good. Am happy that I made them feel as comfortable as I can. Cause nothing makes me happier than having guests over to visit. Tomorrow got to send them to the airport as they are catching a plane to Cairns. Will meet up with them in Melbourne again. =)















One of the dinners at home..















Menu for the night, Roasted chicken, asparagus with prawn in garlic sauce, bak choi in oyster sauce and oven-baked cheese mushrooms.




















Pic taken in front of Movieworld..

On the side note, it was nice calling and contacting Carolina to do me a huge favour. Am happy everything went well and nicely as planned. *wink*

No comments: