Thursday, July 3, 2008

Melbourne Part 2

Just came back this evening and unpacked all the stuff I brought back. Went there with a 11kg luggage, came back with 18kg. Not that bad. Anyway, here it is.. to continue my Melbourne trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 5- 28 June Sat

Salsa night! Music was good. But was lacking a dance partner. We danced til around midnight then we left for Brunswick street for the cafes. Both Burim and I sat there and chat til 1.30am before heading home.















This is the place.















A sign I think which suits woman alot.. hehehe...

Day 6- 29 June















Brunch in Chapel St.. nice food...


We woke up late morning and headed out to Chapel Street for Brunch. Nice place with all the cafes and high end shopping. No wonder Linda keep insisting to shop there. Haha. After which, we walked past another market and bought more groceries for the night.















Buskers in the market.. they are good..

Day 7- 30 June Mon

Arranged to meet up with Dorothy the whole day. It was good that we finally managed to catch up after so long. She was very cute, always stressed abt where to bring me, while I was more laid-back abt the whole thing. We met up and she brought me to St Kilda. Had brunch then we walked around before going to her place to rest for awhile.




















In front of the amusement park in St Kilda.


We then head out to the city. We walked around, with my personal tour guide. Coincidently, we walked past Ned Kelly's Jail and by then, it was too late to join the tour but it was alright. She brought me to various chocolate shops to indulge in more chocolate!!




















Jailhouse tour anyone??

The chocolate in Koko Black is really good. The set up seems more up-classed then San Churro and Max Brenner.















Together in Koko Black..
















My hot choco..

Dorothy brought me to Suga where they make lollies in front of you. Its amazing how they make those word rocks. I even bought a couple packets as souveniurs! Nice handiwork~! Only in Melbourne!~






























Lollies from Suga... check out the words... all handmade!!

After all that chocolate and lollies, she brought me to this vietnamese eating house for the famous Beef pho. It was said that even Bill Clinton had 2 bowls there.. I had a large one and I was full. Really wonder how big is his stomach...















Fantastic Beef pho...

Dinner over and done with, we head to a coffee shop for coffee. Chat til 11 then we head home. Yes, alot of eating but its all good food!!!

Day 8- 1 July Tues

It was another day in the city. This time, I finally met up with David!! We went to Queen Victoria market. We were queuing for fresh Jam doughnuts and I heard someone called my name. I turned around and it was Samuel and Jim!! What a coincidence!~




















Queen Victoria Market.


One funny incident which happened in QV Market. You know when there is no lever on the toilet tap, we normally assumed its sensor right? Well, David and I were in the toilet trying to wash our hands and we were looking so stupid trying to get the tap running, putting or hands below the tap, tapping the base of the tap on the sink, moving our hands arcoss our own sink trying to 'activate' the sensor. But still no water! We were looking kinda dumb trying to get it to work until the cleaner behind us said "Below the sink". Only then did we realised the button below the sink. We felt so stupid.




















Kaimana looking suave..

After QV market, we went to check out David's bachelor pad. No pictures was the promise and we went for lunch at Sea Salt. After that, it was choclate (again!) at Max Brenner. Haha. I am growing fat with so much chocolate. We talked so much and it was really good catching up with him finally!







































Hot choco with waffle balls .. yuuuuuum..

Dinner was at a ramen stall and it was very good. Having to finsh our dinner quick as there were pple waiting for our table then we head out to another chocolate stall again! San Churros!!!





















Happy david... has a sweet tooth...

Day 9- 2 July Wed

After 2 long days in the city, I decided to take a break today. Grabbed a book and went to a cafe in the suburb I was staying in to chill. Good way to spend the afternoon, reading a book while having coffee and cakes. Thats life.















My book, cuppa and cheese cake.. Oh-so-good..

Burim decided to make Okonomiyaki for dinner and it was good. Wonder where he gets the recipe from. He taught me how to make it and now I am tempted to try making it next week or some time soon. Hehe.


































Top to bottom: Burim with his masterpiece.. Burim, myself and Cheri..

Day 10- 3 July Thurs

Spent the late morning packing and getting ready to leave the beautiful city. Now I can fully understand why pple tell me how much they love Melbourne compared to GC. Well, took a train to the city to catch a Skybus to the airport. It was very efficient and I was in the airport in arnd 20mins. Had lunch in the airport and Gordon came to pick me up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall, my trip to Melbourne was fulfilling. I did what I wanted to do and see. BIG thank you to Burim, Dorothy and David! Without them, I would have no idea where to go and no one to bring me around. They took time off their busy schedule to accompany me and show me the city. Thanks peeps!

8 comments:

Nana said...

OMG ~ all da chocolate/coffee drinks looks delicious! And da candies looks yummy too ~ Pls bring back interesting stuff for me when u come back SG at yr end. *blink innocently*

Oh yah... ur fren look so cute ~ *giggles*

Ben... said...

yea.. Melbourne is a city full of cafe and stuff.. lol.. very sinful... hmm.. bring back interesting stuff for u ah.. hahaha.. blink innocently somemore.. lol..

hmmm.. which friend?..

Nana said...

Wear specs dat 1.... :P

Eh! U oso got da book "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus". Hahaha... but i gave mine to my ex bf oredi. I think he oso nvr read. Probably in da dustbin liao.

Anonymous said...

Wish i stay longer in melbourne now..u enjoying so much..i missed out so much..next time i go mel.will print out ur blog..gg to trace to those places u went to..put in the exact addresses please.haha.

Ben... said...

Nana-> that book is not mine.. i borrowed it from a gd fren in GC before flying off to Melb so i could read on the plane, train..etc. its a very short book.. managed to finish most of the 300 pages.. only left with the last chap.. need to have the mood to read it back in GC now.. lol..

anonymous-> i assume its Shirine? well.. my frens brought me arnd and am very thankful for their help.. cause without them.. i have no idea where to go either.. haha.. since now i know the place pretty well.. i might make another trip there maybe next year.. lol..

Anonymous said...

yes..it is shirine. nvm..b4 i go mel..will get the details from u. next year, have other travelling plans in mind..

小牛 said...

有pretty girl dorothy & cheri相伴,又有好朋友cook for you ~ best holiday lor

so much choco & you nvr put on weight?!

luck you lor! kekeke

Ben... said...

Shirine- haha.. well.. let me know again lor.. cause next year for grad trip.. think will wanna go places i have never been before.. S. Africa or even US...

小牛-〉dorothy alrdy got a bf.. and she is strictly a friend.. cheri..你眼睛占满了大便?! 好朋友煮Okonomiyaki. 廷好吃的。我也学会怎么做了!昨晚还煮给matthew and friends 尝。

hmm.. i put on a small bit of weight.. aim to lose them before i come back! HEHEEH... very BIG plans...