Friday, April 10, 2009

Things come in 3s...

As mentioned in my previous post, first car, then laptop. I was hoping that its the end of things until I fell and twisted my ankle badly on Tuesday. I was shocked when it happened because I literally saw my right ankle rolled the other way. After the moment of shock, came the excruciating pain.

I know I needed to see a doc the next day but there's no one to take me to one on Wed morning. Darling was pretty worried and lucky she was understanding enough that its not I don't want to see a doctor but there were a couple other reasons as well. Thankfully, Matt came to pick me up to see a TCM in the late arvo. The acupuncturist poked 18 needles into my right ankle. There was major swelling and Matt even took a picture of it. After treatment, he drove me to a couple pharmacists and I managed to get an elastic bandage and a pair of crutches as instructed by the TCM. Thankfully Matt was there to help me out, if not I think I would be in greater pain than now.

Yesterday, Tom actually came over to my place to pick me up to go Uni. He actually piggybacked me down the slope of my place and back up in the evening when he sent me home! Jess helped by taking me to the TCM once again for my 2nd appt in the arvo and thankfully, its alot better. However, I still need to schedule an X-ray on Tues after the 4 days long weekend to make sure no bones were fractured.

Using crutches is no joke. I had to use them to travel around 400 metres in Uni yesterday and I had to make a stop in between as it was too tiring. It doesn't help with the weather drizzling as well. This morning when I woke up, the mid and lower trapezius muscles on my back were sore coupled with both arms as well.

Since I am in crutches, immobilised, I am spending my long weekend at home. How exciting~ While others are out partying, dancing, drinking away, I had to spend this time resting, elevating my right ankle every now and then. Argh. Oh well, no other choice as if I were back in SG, I would love to attend En La Pasion at Zouk tonight.

Last night, I actually teared watching a movie. Its called- If Only. Its about how a guy used to take his gf for granted. Then she dies in an accident right after she poured out her feelings for him and decided to break up. He cried himself to sleep and woke up re-living the same day yesterday. He did whatever he could and right to the time when she died, he protected her, sacrificing himself in the process. Very touching movie. It doesn't help with the soundtrack being very nice as well. Perhaps am turning into a softie.. Lol..

6 comments:

美人鱼 said...

hehe..is it new release? I will look out for this movie..must get nick to watch yah..muahaha..

美人鱼 said...

anyway I also at home resting, din go Zouk party. so u are not alone..hee..

Ben... said...

Nope. Its an old movie. I was watching it on tv.

小牛 said...

think i really no antenna? haha ~ didnt even know there is a Zouk Party going on...

have been pretty stressed at work recently with fear of losing my job...

小牛 said...

Bro Ben, you take care...dont walk so much.try to rest your ankle...i twisted mine recently too

:D take care

Ben... said...

Thanks. I will be careful. I cannot go anywhere also. Cannot drive, cannot even walk properly. I also want to recover as fast as possible. Cause its kinda upsetting not being able to do whatever I set out to do initially this weekend.

You take care. Maybe try to see a doc too.