Saturday, March 20, 2010

A sudden change.

Work had been hectic. Going back at night to prep labs for the next day. Fuses blow and everything. Something just doesn't seem to be right. Its been a roller coaster ride this week. Amid of all things, one of ours died in a iron-man competition. Sigh. Whole department was in a disarray. Hopefully next week will be better.

Time had been scarce. I didn't even have time to sleep. Hopefully it will all be better next week onwards although I doubt it as labs will be tougher. Sigh.

Lectures had been good until I received a couple of feedbacks. Got to slow down alot more for a handful of students who couldn't understand the concepts they were supposed to know from previous course. As ridiculous as it seems, when there is a pre-requisite for the course I am teaching, and if you had not done that pre-requisite course, why are you in my course in the first place?! You still have the cheek to write in to complain and say I am going through things too fast for you. I got 120+ students, and 100+ are happy with whatever I was doing and only 2 of you were unhappy, so you got to complain? Argh.. u can never please everyone..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There has been a sudden change in myself lately. I keep to myself more often nowadays. Sigh... perhaps its all the stress... perhaps its other issues... As for now, I am going to try and focus on my work and studies. Try not to let other things bother me for now. Need to put my focus in place.. its only Week 4 next week~!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam asked to cook for my birthday. So I called a couple friends. Although its very last minute as I didn't know what to do on my birthday til just 2-3 days before, I appreciate that everyone make time to come. I simply got no mood to celebrate. Although sisters in GC had planned a celebration last week, I am happy already. Just surprised that friends do remember as well. Liam should be here any minute. I should be getting ready too. Til then... bye...

2 comments:

Your darling fau said...

Happy birthday baby! Sorry I cant be there to celebrate for you. Hope you like the gift and card that I sent you. Love you always. Muacks!! Hugs!!

J said...

Things will turn around eventually, just keep at it.