Monday, March 23, 2009

I turned 24!!

On the 21st March 2009, I turned 24. Yes. 24 years old. To my lovely sister who wants a dinner treat and yet called me 'Shrek'... Just you wait my girl, your turn will come just like when you turned 19 and I called you Auntie. Muahaha...

A few friends had asked me how I celebrated my birthday given the fact that I am so far away from home. I guess its a matter of celebrating with friends and 'family' since Australia is considered my second home. I certainly had alot of fun this year. Although I had been here for 3 years, this is the first time I actually planned to celebrate my birthday. I shall begin on my celebration details just so as not to bore you readers.

19th March, Thursday

I arranged dinner with a small group of friends to go Cav's Steakhouse. The place had always been known for their steak and the restaurant had not disappoint me after all these years. Therefore I invited Estee, Tze Hao, Jason and Jeremy to dinner that night. Most of them would not be free on the day itself, I decided to have this minor private dinner 2 days before.















Dinner at Cav's..

The food was good and we had a jolly good time chatting about driving, cars and drinking. We had our fill and proceeded to 3 Beans for late night coffee after. It was a good start to a string of celebrations..

20th March, Fri

As Jess, Lewis and Kyla were not able to attend the big party due to Kate's 30th, I arranged for a seperate dinner with them. This time, we went to Sagano. When the trio demanded that they picked me up from my place, not allowing me to drive, I know its gonna be a drinking night. I was not wrong. We went to the bottle shop and I picked up 3 bottles of red wine. Its specifically chosen by Lewis as he knows his wine better than us and it did not fail us.

We arrived at the restaurant and were seated promptly. Dinner was served and we didn't stop eating for the next 2-3 hours! Haha. Well, what can you expect when the dinner was a Sukiyaki buffet with free flow of thinly sliced beef and veggies?
















Check out the beef...

We had so much fun eating, drinking and encouraging each other that I totally enjoyed myself! My glass was never half filled! Whenever I had 2 sips, it was topped up to the brim again! Haha. By the time I realised it, I was flushed! My ears were red and everyone had a good time.















Jess, Lewis and Kyla..


Jess bought me my first birthday cake in Australia and I totally love it! It was yummy! We finished the dinner with a good dessert that night. 3 bottles of good red was definitely a good company with so much beef involved.















The ladies and my cake!

21 March, Sat

I arranged to webcam with Fau for a while before I leave my place on my birthday. Main reason is because I am not coming back to my current place for the night. I was spending the night at my other place up in Ormeau. Being given the house keys and codes to de-activate the alarm, the house is all for me to utilise. All these with the permission given by Eziq's parents themselves. His parents asked me to stay over more often and was always happy to have me around. Well, they went back Malaysia for a couple months and I was presented with the house keys then.

I went to pick Bernie up and we had a good lunch before starting on groceries. We reached my place at around 3pm and started preparing for dinner. The menu that night was all planned by Bernie. I was given the priviledge of choosing the individual items.

Menu.
1. Oxtail soup
2. Baked Red Snapper with Thai Sweet Chili
3. Druken Chicken 三杯鸡
4. Pumplin Curry
5. Cold Tofu
6. Caramelised Chicken Cutlet
7. Scallop Potato
8. Mango Pudding















Baked red snapper in thai sweet chili..















Caramelised chicken, Oxtail soup and Pumpkin curry..















At the dining table.. the food definitely got Tom's approval..

After the sumptious dinner, Thomas brought out a cake. Haha. It was very nice of him and Em. Cake was good and I even had it again for breakfast! I opened up my presents one by one and I certainly got what I wanted! Other than the countless bottles of red and white wine I received that night, I got a pair of sneakers from the girls!!















The party that night~!

We started the drinking games soon after and Eziq was gone by 11+! Haha. Everyone had a good time chatting and drinking that night. It was definitely a night for all to remember with the good food, wine and wonderful friends.

Spent the night there and took a wholle day to recover on Sunday from all the drinking. We finished around 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of rum. Actually, its more of I finished them as everyone just wanted me to drink. Thank god, no hangover and I still managed to clean up the place and leave everything back in order by 3pm. Arrived home and slowly start to unpack my stuff and decided to take a picture of all the gifts.




















Everything I received... from all dinners and the party..

3 bottles of good wine were left after the massive drinking session. Haha. Thank you everyone! Especially my sister who mailed me a card from Canada! I think I better let my liver rest for the next week or so as had been drinking way too much over the last few days! So much that I literally died in my physical test today. Haha. Alright. Time to rest my arms and give it a good rub. However, am not complaining as this only happens once a year and am really glad that everything went well!

No comments: