Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome 2009. Good Bye 2008.

A new dawn awaits.

I truly understand the meaning of this phrase ever since Mel had I had a good talk on New Years Eve. A new year, a new page of life to be written. Every single year that you lived, is just like a page off a book. With every year's passing, a new page was created and written on. Thank you Mel for such great insights. I truly needed a listening ear that night and thank you for being there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Year Eve was spent largely at home as we decided to have our Reunion Dinner early as May Ee was leaving soon. So we had a huge family dinner with relatives. Mel came over for drinks at the roof top and we had the whole area to ourselves.

New Years was spent in Union and had a great night. Got to know more people and even got closer to some friends. Great night it was, dancing the night away til wee hours of the morning.
2 Jan- Fri
Went on to catch a musical 'Wild Rose' and got to say, its my first Chinese musical in 10 over years. Great company and with the prices we paid, I will say good entertainment. I met up with another fantastic friend for drinks at Chijmes that night. Couldn't believe we talked til almost 2+am~!! Fantastic night out with wonderful company! Really good to know one another better and can really talk alot.















With the beautiful Fauz for drinks..

Weekend was spent mostly at home, followed by a night of dancing again. I guess I had reverted back to my dancing days once again. Although not as crazy, but still going back there on a regular basis. Had a family dinner on Sunday followed by movie and chatting session with Bella.

Monday was May Ee's last day in Singapore. Yipoh came over and picked us up for dim sum lunch. That girl said she wanted dim sum so I suggested to have it at a reputable restaurant. All good then we went home for me to pick up the car. Only to send her back to town for her to meet her friends.















Dim Sum with Yi Poh..

That night, we had another family dinner with her friends and dom's gf. Dad went for a short nap soon after and we all left home for the airport to send her off at 3am. After a teary farewell, we all came home and slept. Frigging tired.

Whole Tues was spent resting and visiting grandma. Only at night did I go out.

7 Jan - Wed
I met up with my former colleagues for dinner. Funny as they always had been, it was a hilarious night out. Dinner at Manhattan Fish Market and coffee at TCC.















Thorn among the roses..

Sharon was still as goofy as ever. Some of them had already left the company and yet we still kept in touch. Was told personally that 2 of them specially came for dinner just to see me. Am so honoured. Although my time in that company was short, only spent 3 months, I guess I left a deep impression in everyone there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, a new year and I guess new things can begin. A start of a new life perhaps. But whatever the case, I would really like to thank the following people for the advises and encouragement so far.

Mel - For the endless torment you had to go through with the constant surprises I keep springing every now and then.

ZZ and Amelia - For the listening ear I desperately need in the early morning.

Fauz - For the talk and laughter that we share every now and then. And don't shy away now. *grin*

Amanda - For making me laugh when I wasn't myself. For reminding me of who I am and what I have to do.

To all these people, a BIG thank you and Muacks!

Last but not least, May Ee- I miss you already! Little princess... hope to see you soon!

No comments: