Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Internet down.. Sick.. Reflections..

Guess the title says it all. Somehow, I managed to get the flu bug. Been sniffing, sneezing away. Had been taking medicine but things just don't seem right. Sigh. I just hate being sick when alone overseas. Its very much the feeling of not being able to do alot of things and not having any one to take care of you. Aiya, I just dislike the feeling of being sick. Period.

Home internet had been down since last night. It was quite inconvenient for Eziq and myself. It was not working this morning as well and I already told him to call the ISP.

One thing I learnt today was NOT to drive when under heavy medication. 2pm in the afternoon, under the influence of drowsy medicine, I drove to Uni. I was falling asleep on the wheel while going at more than 110km/hr. Crazy it might seem and I was thankful for reaching Uni safely. Should had heeded advice to stay home and rest but I hate the thought of skipping labs. It might not be worth the 5% of overall score and maybe I should not had pushed myself too hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read someone's blog recently and the topic of how we should not take people around us for granted was brought up. It certainly brings back memories and I got to say I always try my best not to do so. Its like someone had always been there for you and when the person is gone, it is already too late to say things you have always wanted to say. Its more than just what 'Made of Honor' portrays. Its more than just a good friend always there and next thing you know, he/she getting married. And No, I have yet to watch that movie. Have been avoiding catching love movies as don't find any point in watching it now. Besides, it cost alot to catch a movie in the theaters. Might as well wait for the DVD-rip.

I believe when one person feels taken for granted, its more than just a man-woman issue as mentioned in the movie. Its comprises of friends as well. I am always thankful for the advices given by close friends. I have felt taken for granted at times and am not shy to admit that sometimes as much as I try to avoid taking people for granted, I commit that same mistake.

I always love my family.. mum for always being so cute.. we talk quite often as i know she miss me and she likes to gossip abt family things. dad for working hard and always trying to find excuses not to exercise. lazy bum. brother for being the only child now at home.. nice to know he picked up salsa.. taught by non other than my own shi-fu back then! must be a chore taking care of dad and mum! and who can forget the daddy's girl who went all teh way to Canada? I miss u, my girl. take care yea and we meet soon.

Til today, I yet to forget the words spoken by mel and zz that night at my place. David had been very encouraging as well. NBX was a clown, still a clown, he makes us laugh. I got to say that without those people, I might not have even 'survived' and walked out of the dark tunnel. Without that bunch of good friends, I might not be the person I am today. Without their endless support, things might had been very different indeed.

And to...

you..
thank you for trying to talk senses into me when I first came back to Aust..
even to the extend of saying i was 无药可救 and threatening to kick me in the butt was funny.

you..
although we seldom catch up now..
hope you are feeling alright as i heard from your cousin that you were rather down over the past few weeks.

you..
staying so far on your Little Norman St, i finally get to catch up with you over the BBQ that day!
certainly miss the time when we meet up just to eat!
thanks for lending listening ear all the time!

you..
thanks for lending a listening ear when I need one...
how to forget the night when u stayed over and dai-di the whole night!

you..
a very new friend indeed..
although we never chat back then..
its amazing how things had turned out now.
for that, i thank you.

you..
its hard to write abt you as you had conveniently 'disappeared' for a month on your own.
i just hope things worked out for the best and thank you for leaving an imprint in my life.
They say feelings are hard to take away and its true.

For all that, I doubt I left anyone out. Everyone I had wanted to mention, is there. Jialat, sun set liao. I am without my jumper and my car is all the way at the other end of campus. Wasn't expecting myself to write today. But I guess when the feeling of writing comes, it comes.

Time to drive back. Bye people. *waves*

15 comments:

Nana said...

simi u doubt u miss anyone out? U missed meeeee!!!!!!!!!

Why u falling sick after I hv recovered? Did I pass da virus to u? Wow... muz hv been strong virus to travel so far. LOL!!!

Take care and get well soon!!! Muacks ~

Ben... said...

hahaha.. how u pass to me?.. no physical contact... how to pass?.. dun think even the strongest virus can go directly so far..

i believe i pushed my body too much..

thanks.. will try to get well and recover asap as well.. hate being sick when alone and overseas..

Nana said...

I pass u da virus thru telepathy ~ So kewl ~

Ben... said...

telepathy?.. hahaha.. i dun want that kind of telepathy... dangerous...

if like that can transmit.. Bush might had contracted Aids just so he can transmit to Osama..

Nana said...

So lame.....

bearie said...

LOL!!!!!! bloody lame!!!

anyway, i tink ben is suffering from something called sympathy sickness.

he wanna share our pain!!!

Ben... said...

sympathy sickness?..
wats tat?..
and share wat pain?

am feeling alot better since 5am this morning.. lets see how the day goes..

bearie said...

ermmmm. sympathy sickness lo.

jus like if u got a wife and she is pregnant. u will have a sympathy belly too!!! whahaha. in order to experience the same process.

actually im jus crapping la. its all bearie's crap theories =p

Nana said...

I simply can't continue on with wot Bearie has juz commented. Totally out of pt again. *roll eyes*

Ben... said...

Bearie->thats got to be one hell of a explaination for sympathy sickness!! i seriously wonder if u ever try your theories on Jem to test if it works..

Nana-> what's new? *wink* u know your animal well enough rite?

bearie said...

jemz always tink i have cool theories.

he's veri supportive of watever i do/say. tats how we maintain our r/s.

*grins*

Ben... said...

well.. he is supportive and has nothing to say cause it goes in the left.. out through the right.. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

u guys can rly crap :p

Anonymous said...

Nice entry btw ... I liked it

Ben... said...

glad u like it jem...

aiya.. with neuross and bearie arnd.. how can u expect them NOT to crap.. hahaha..