Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blessed.

Saturday morning paper on Integrated Systems of Physiology. Woke up at 7am to prepare. All set and ready to go. Walked to my garage at 8am, thinking one hour should be enough to go Uni and settle myself before I go into the exam venue. Put my key into ignition, placed my bag nicely on the passenger seat. Sat down on my seat, I turned the ignition. Engine not starting. Thinking maybe it might be just an one-off thing, I took out the key, pushed it in and turned it again.

Nothing.

Shit! Exam is 55mins away, I am 30km away from Uni and my car's batteries just died. Eziq did not come home the night before and I am all alone with no other car to jump start for me. Having no choice, rang Tom up. He was in Uni and apparently another friend had a morning car accident as well. He told me to stay put and he came here shortly.

To cut the story short, he arrived 20mins to 9. I jumped in immediately and off to Uni once again. We only managed to arrive just as the examiner says "Start writing". Took myself a couple minutes to calm my heart down and off I go. Its a 3hr exam.

End of exam, a girl walkewd out crying. No one I know managed to finish the paper. Neither did yours truly. It was a tough paper and to add on, the phrasing of the questions was crap.

Thankful for having Tom rushing down to 'save' me, I decided to buy him lunch since we were both very hungry. Parked the car, paid for parking and had sumptuous Korean food. Lunch was filling and he wanted coffee so we got ourselves a cuppa each before walking back to the car. Walked to his car, Behold... lying on the windscreen is a parking ticket. We overshot by 5mins! It turning into an ultra bad day by the looks of it.

We went to Michelle's place to complete our lab report and knowing he was not happy, I kept quiet during the 20mins drive. Well, we stopped over at a Chinese bakery, bought 20 char-siew pau and siew mai. Kyla cooked an Indian meal with papadums. It was a good attempt for an Aussie cooking Indian I will say.

Funny it might sound, 4 nerds working one whole afternoon and evening and throughout the whole night, we only managed to get the 'Introduction' done. Most of the time were spent chatting, drinking and even salsa-ing! That was hilarious! Oh man, we started drinking at 6pm.. I slept on the couch at 12.30am. We finished 4 bottles of red wine, 4-5 bottles of beer each. It was funny watching some of them high on alcohol.

Got to say its the best trime I spent relaxing after a major paper in Aust.




















Left to right: Tom, Michelle, Kyla, Jess


Kinda funny who I managed to fit right into this group of aussies. Being the only asian with them, its nice knowing the culture of theirs even more! Am very thankful for friends like that.

4 comments:

Nana said...

It's great to know u still salsa! Keep dancing!

U mentioned u are da oni asian in da grp? But u dun look like da guy in da pic leh. Or dat guy in dapic is not asian? *confused*

Ben... said...

i was the one taking photo.. so not in the picture la..
those pple there are aussies...
born here.. grew up here..

yea... but its been abt 2 months since i last salsa.. so when i knew someone in my study grp wwho actually salsa... she wanted to dance right there right now!! so we danced in her living room lor.. in front of everyone.. hahaha..

Nana said...

wow... must hv been sooo cool to dance in da lime light. Hee hee...

dat guy and da gal beside still look asian to me.

Ben... said...

they are all aussies la.. they are mixed blood.. ABCs... Australian-Borned Chinese.. hahaha..

dancing in lime-light?.. nervous lor.. it had been a long time since i had danced.. 2 months at least..