Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting lucky?

Tomorrow, mid-semester exam for Biochemistry. Had been studying like 16hours a day, slept average of 6 hours a day for the past week. Really hope it makes a difference. Was telling Tom that I had never studied so hard for Biochem since Yr 1 sem 1. Studied earlier in Uni then he came over for dinner to continue with additional studying. He loves the soup I made!! Authentic Cantonese soup and boy, it rocks!! hahaha..

I sure hope I get lucky with the exam tomorrow. Haha. Anyway, spoke to the study group about the girl dying from too many quickies. They could only laugh and speculate on more things. Haha. The fella will try his luck again next week when he pumps petrol to see if she is still there.

Am thinking of going up the mountains after exam for drinks and chat tomorrow. It would be a good way to destress before we start working on Integrated Systems of Physiology.

Anyway, a HK guy from my lecture came and talked to me today. This is one eccentric or quirky dude with very low EQ. He is a brilliant geek who doesn't have much friends so I try to be nice to him and entertain him abit while I get ready for lecture.

He asked me "Ben, where can I get bamboo chopsticks?"

I looked at him in dsibelief, wondering if its a trick question and replied "Try asian groceries store or any super market."

HK: Oh,.. they sell in supermarkets?

Me: I don't know. You can try. I know supermarkets sell wooden chopsticks for sure.

HK: Oh, thank you. I am not crazy but am thinking of making a crossbow. Its just that I get bored and feel like making a large crossbow to use.

I was trying hard not to even smile as it would seem rude la. But deep down inside, I wanted very much to laugh. My friends were all smiling and I could only shake my head.

In this age, if one still thinks of medieval weapons, something is really wrong. And what the fuck can you do with a freaking crossbow?! Shoot birds?! I just feel so stupid answering his questions sometimes.

6 comments:

小牛 said...

GOOD LUCK! :D

and you sure have a quirky classmate, he thinks himself some robin hood? mebi buy him a pair of boots

hee :P

Nana said...

Ben! Can u pls continue to be his fren? And take foto of da crossbow if he ever completes it. I wanna see how wooden chopsticks can turn into a crossbow.

Ben... said...

ben->dajie : robin hood i am not sure.. too western for him... think maybe Yue Fei instead.. hahaha.. then not buy boots liao.. buy body armour with helmet.. hahaha..

ben->neuross : hahaha.. i dun hav to continue to be his fren.. he comes to me for a chat all the time.. haha.. i will ask abt his crossbow.. haha.. if possible will snap a shot for everyone here.. and i tihnk its bamboo chopsticks.. hahaha... now whenenver we look at wooden chopsticks.. we just laugh.. cause its just damn funny when he mentioned it that day..

小牛 said...

buy him armour with helmet?

nay, think you need to do a cute tattoo of [精忠報國]四個大字。can choose color somemore

:P

小牛 said...

of cos tattoo for him...

can choose position, slanting design, do color toning, etc..

mebi go for quick dry stick-on

tink choose those that glow in the dark will be real cool

:P

Ben... said...

wah.. dajie..
u really think so far...
hahah..
seen him today..
he wanted my number..
i guess i will ask for a photo if i see him next time,..