Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CNY and farewell lunch

CNY had come and gone. My goodness. Been having reunion dinners one after another. They just keep coming and I just keep getting fat. People's wallet expand due to CNY hongbao or bonus. My waist keep expanding due to a good meal one after another. At this rate, I might just blow the weighing machine next time I step on it.

Traditional family reunion was at Hotel Royal Plaza. It was a feast. Alot of catching up with other cousins and talks with the elders.

Cousin came over and stayed over on the eve of CNY. We supposed to go out to a nearby pub to drink and be merry but changed our minds last minute and ended staying at home playing mahjong with my parents. It was rather funny and marks the start of my mahjong-once-a-day routine.

CNY Day 1.

Went over to Uncle's place to 'bai-nian' and mahjong again then to maternal grandma. Overall, it wasn't much of hong-bao-collecting but more of a family gathering.

CNY Day 2.

Went over to Yongguang's place to 'bainian' earleir in the day before adjourning to ZZ's place. Everywhere is just so crowded. The guys and my relatives came up to our place for another round of gathering. Funny as it seems with so many pple in suich a small house but we were used to it I guess. Anothehr round opf mahjong started with the guys and cousin Danny stayed over once again.

CNY Day 3.

Morning took a cab to send Danny home and went ahead to Cheryl and Arthur's place. Started cooking and bits of mahjong here and there while waiting for the rest to arrive one by one. Great fun and company I will say. Their place is big and comfy. Evening, got to rush off to Miramar Hotel for bai-nian for mother's side relatives. Some family dinner whereby food sucks with me being the babysitter for a little cousin.

CNY Day 4.

Lunch with mum's extended relatives at Hotel Royal Plaza once again and while they shop at Marina Square, I caught up with another friend. Kinda last minute thing. Dinner was at Aunt's place where we had crabs and a very filling dinner. Hehehe.

Then last night, was dinner with dad's friends and they came over to play mahjong. My god... frist time I am playing $1-$2. Lucky we only played 2 hours and I won a meagre $4. Well, better than losing anyway. A friend of my dad's lost over a hundred. Haha.

This week is my last week at work. So my nice colleagues decided to have my farewell lunch earlier as some of them are on leave on Fri.















from left: meiqi, hwei nu, ada, pat & sharon
It was fun working with them and I got to say I am truly blessed with having such nice colleagues.

No comments: