Thursday, November 18, 2010

Canberra, Masters completion. Auckland.

Another few months of no-writing, back again. I think I had been laden with too much work before and slowly, I had lost my touch when it comes to writing. I completed my Masters and now am just awaiting graduation. One stage of life has ended while another brand new one begins. I am officially now un-employed. Wait, I cannot say that yet since I have yet to graduate. I am still waiting for Dec 17th to come. While waiting, I had sent out about 10 over resumes and 2 had gotten back to me. One was an email saying I had failed in my application. Another was a phone call a couple days ago and an impromptu phone interview. After-which, he says he will get back to me. So I will wait and look out for more jobs available.

I had visited Canberra and Sydney during one long weekend holiday. It was a great trip. We spend approx AUD$200 each on food alone! Thats amazing given the fact that we were only there for 2 and a half days. Haha. Alot of nice pics were taken and I shall post them up in Facebook when I get the time.














The Parliament House in Canberra.

We spent a couple hours there and the tour was definitely the highlight of the trip.














The ladies' favourite cafe.. Lindt Chocolate Cafe at Darling Harbour.

I was asked to go Salsa in Syndey, but I turned it down as I didn't want to end up killing some bastard or him losing a limb or 2. Not sure why but whenever I think of salsa in Sydney, I get reminded of him. A very fruitful trip definitely, but it turned kinda bad on our flight as Mimi lost her iPhone 3GS at the airport after boarding our flight. But then again, I got her an iPhone 4 in return as I happened to get a good deal.

After that short weekend get-away, I continued with my placement at the Gold Coast Hospital and finished up my Masters program. We planned another holiday before my graduation before my student visa expires and this time, we are going to Auckland, New Zealand, for 5 days.

It is quite a nice country I will say. The land famous for All Blacks and having more livestock than human beings. Spent a day at the thermal-reactive town, Rotoura, and was amazed at the scenery which greeted us. Alot of the pictures are readily available in Facebook. One of the many is shown below, the White terraces of Rotoura.














The white terraces of Rotoura.

Another favourite place of mine is the mudspa and hot spring. The whole place has boiling lakes and ponds. A very magnificent sight definitely.















Wai Ora geothermal sites. Hot steam rising from the water.

And of course since we were there, we might as well try the mudspa and soak ourselves in the hot spring.





















At the private mud bath... before we soak ourselves in the Sulphur spa pool...

Definitely a good trip. Although we were all tired by the end of it, but its all worth it especially since we had cover alot of places during this trip. Perhaps next time when we go there, we will have time to travel to the South Island instead. For now, back to waiting for more calls and more job search...

No comments: