Monday, February 16, 2009

Short update.

Time seems to fly by so fast. Its been almost 3 months already and am heading back to the land Down Under soon. Sad as it may seems but I guess all good things must come to an end someday. Time to go back to finish up what I started out in the beginning, getting my degree.

Picking up where I left off in my last entry, Chinese New Year was great. All the good food, all the visiting.. Towards the end of the CNY period, I actually went on a short get-away to Desaru. It was ful-filling, spending some quiet quality time.

Friday the 13th is normally a day many people avoid. However, I chose to have my farewell dinner that night with Shirine. All the catching up with her was definitely good. Accompanied with good food, the dinner was enjoyable. And yes, I got her flowers to show my appreciation as well.

Right after dinner, we headed off for KTV. She made the arrangements and I was surprised at the turnout. Honestly, I wasn't expecting so many people to begin with. It was a good night of singing and it just might be my last KTV night before I head back.




















Shirine.. thanks for the dinner~!

V-day was good as it falls on a Sat. That means my date does not have to work and she came over to my place for lunch. I prepared a Western-cum-Italian meal. I received a card from her which was really nice and could tell alot of effort was put into it. All the past pics of us and its definitely an item I would bring back to Aust. I gave her a card,snow globe filled with 2 pics. ( 1 one each side) and a bouquet of 9 roses. Pink was her favourite colour and so I got my dearest friend, Matthew to design a bouquet for me. Got to say, its beautifully done and really exceeded my expectation. Perhaps a change of profession? Hehe.
















Preparing lunch.. Dom called it Lunch of Love.. haha..

















The finished product..




















Flowers for my partner.

After the lunch and presentation of gifts, we proceeded to Esplanade for Breakout with a group of friends. We decided to skip dinner til after the performance as lunch was too full for the both of us. Musical was good and it was followed by a good dinner at Balcony. She bought dinner and it seems like we were approaching the end of the night until I drove to Macritchie Reservoir for a night stroll. The night was memorable and sent her home only at around 3am.

The following day was spent at Sentosa. We took a cable car ride in and sun-tanning was the call of the day. In short, am all red now and in pain. Jialat.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love... thank you so much for the absolutely delicious lunch, the wonderful gift and card, and mind blowing bouquet. It's so beautiful. I placed the bouquet in my room where I can look at it before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. And the snow globe will have a place on my office desk next to my PC so I can think of you when I'm working. It's my best Valentine's Day ever... Hugz... Muacks!!!

Thank you for spending the whole day with me on Sunday... to sentosa... dinner... then watching the dvd of my performance together with me.

And the best one of all was the huge surprise you gave me on Monday morning... really didnt expect that at all... I was so deeply touched by your actions... cos nobody has done so much for me before.

Darling... I feel very blessed being with you. It may have only been a very short period since we got together but I'll really miss you a lot when you return to Gold Coast for your studies... but I shall wait for your return...

Love,
Your Darling

Anonymous said...

hi! i happened to blog hop to this place and felt that u guys are really sweet!!! i wished my bf was as romantic too!!!

so where's the vday pic of both of u?? so sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

What is so special about these arrangements for V-day? So normal. Like thing couples do any other days. And what is so mind blowing about that flowers? No diamonds on it. You know how to use this phrase "mind blowing"? Anyway, so sad.. he didn't even post your pic in his blog, just the flowers. Can only see that you have dark skin color that's all.

P.S. your reply to him is like reading a love letter from don't know which remance novel.

Anonymous said...

wishing u all the best in your new found love, Ben... it's hard not to use u as a benchmark for my bf hunt!

Nana said...

Wah... lately so many Anonymous.. My blog oso got 1 Extra Anonymous. Dunno same person or not.

Ben... said...

My Darling - Glad you enjoyed it. It was time well spent from Sat to Monday. As long as you appreciate my efforts, its all worth it. *wink*

Lorraine - Welcome to my blog! Nothing fancy just a simple place for me to write out things that had been happening and memorable stuff. As for V-day pics, we got a couple but decided against posting it online for now. Hehe.

Nana - Guess what? It has been a long time since an Anonymous reader appear. And when they appear, they come together!! Haha. Perhaps the second one just forgot to leave her name while the first one is just too ashamed or jealous to leave a nick/name/initials.

Well, enjoy ur Taiwan trip! Hope to catch you soon!

Ben... said...

This comment is solely reserved for the first Anonymous commenter.

Let's be nice and not be a party spoiler alright? Grow up and think carefully of what you have written. A few pointers for you so you can remind your future partner or yourself for the next V-day...

1. A bouquet might not be special to you mainly because its NOT for you. Get it? Besides, it does not need diamonds. How special or mind-blowing it is, really depends on the sender and receiver right? Period.

2. Since you got so much things to say, why bother to leave as Anonymous? Or are you too jealous cause you got no flowers? Tell you what, drop me an email or msg at facebook (so others don;t know) and I will send you flowers next year instead. So don't have to get jealous.

3. This IS my blog. I post whatever I want. If I want to post her picture. I got lots of it to put up. Its more than just V-day! So stop whining now. If you dying to see the pictures, drop me a msg (once again!) This time, I will develop a poster size picture and send it to you as a memo. All for you to ponder why you made the angry-cum-pointless comment you did on February 18, 2009 5:05 PM.

Now now, be nice and please think twice before posting as Anonymous again. Whats so difficult abt leaving name/nick/initials?

Ben... said...

For Anonymous 2 posted on February 19, 2009 4:51 AM.

Thank you so much for the well wishes. Am honoured you actually decided to use me as you benchmark. But once again, please leave a clue of who you might be so I can give him advices. Haha. Its just to save me the trouble from typing out too many Anonymous replies. *wink*

Anonymous said...

Ben...

oh well... I just happened to be one of the passer-bys for your return this time round... To be frank, I'm still unsure why I'm praising u when I should actually be as worked up as Anonymous 1... Nonetheless, I'd still say u've made an excellent decision because your new gf is a great girl!

I'm totally curious of who anonymous 1 is.... is she another passer-by? or is he/she that passer-by's good buddy? hehehe

From the bottom of my heart, I do wish too see that you work out this LDR with her and dun bully her k! =P

Annoymous 2

Anonymous said...

um.. to anonymous 1..

as ben's floral designer, i really feel your comment was uncalled for.. I am zealously proud of my creations, and it looks extremely good in reality. Photos unfortunately do not do much justice to it..

an insult to my work is a direct insult to me and I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!

unless u can make something up which is up to my standard or higher, please either SHUT UP or make constructive comments.

Anonymous said...

my little bro... i know who yr gf now... even tho im not in the scene for so long... nv even update yr sis...

美人鱼 said...

wa..ah ben..i lost yr blog addr for so long until xiaoniu email to me last wk. just read the comments, very amused ,hehe..